5-Day Experience Week
At Arcosanti, the unique and vibrant built environment is a living archive that displays the collective efforts of over 8,000 individual workshop participants and volunteers going back more than 5 decades. The 5 Day Immersive Experience allows participants the unique opportunity of living amongst the community of around 70 full-time residents, while learning and experiencing the ethos of the work which takes place here. Experience all of this against the backdrop of 4,000 acres of undeveloped Arizona high desert.
This class starts with an introduction to Arcosanti and a site tour, and will then include: a deep dive into the Arcosanti Archives, a ceramic silt casting experience, and a guided Nature Hike in the Agua Fria River riparian area. During this extended stay you will also get to experience:
- A potluck dinner with the community under the infamous vaults
- An up-close look at the bronze bell casting process
- Participation in the ArcoAgritecture food forest project
- A personal tour through the resident art studios
- Explore the history of construction at Arcosanti and learn about the variety of construction techniques used
- Learn about sustainable technologies used for water harvesting, wastewater, water reuse, and energy production
- An introduction to photographing Arcosanti's architecture
- Learning metalworking basics in the "lab"
- Living like an Arconaut and have free time for reflection and self-exploration!
All sessions are led by Arcosanti residents.
Hours: Breakfast - 8am - 9am, Morning Session: 9:30am - 12pm, Lunch: 12pm - 1pm, Afternoon Session: 1:30pm - 4pm, Dinner - 7pm
For further information or to be added to our waitlist, please reach out to email@example.com
Maximum Number of Participants per Cohort: 8
Please be advised that face masks are required to be worn when visiting Arcosanti. We're happy to provide one-time-use paper masks to those visitors without their own mask.
Participants must be 18+ to attend or 16+ if attending with a paying legal guardian.